Sunday, July 14, 2013

Home For The Holidays...

“There is no place like home.” Dorothy

Year after year, I have had the chance to engage the idea of home for the holidays in signs and messages of the holiday season. Hear my heart when I say that there is nothing untoward about that Idea as it is the foundation and support of my thoughts in this moment. Now, I know that you are thinking that perhaps I am a bit early or late in regards to wh...at we know and celebrate as the holidays. Yet my soul gives me every indication that I am right where I should be and as I am to be in this moment and on this thought.

The definition of holiday is “A Holy day; a period of exemption or relief and a day of festivity or recreation when no work is done.” Now, I don’t know about you, but I can certainly fit my life into and around this notion as I am becoming increasingly aware of the sacredness of time and movement throughout the day. The word holy always had such a narrow scale for me as it seemed limited to the few days, people, spaces and places; but today I experience this thought in a both - and sort of way as it this and so much more. What if we could suspend our disbelief and expand our belief just for a moment? What if every moment of every day would be held and celebrated for its goodness and we could all experience a moment of relief from that which distracts over and over again? I believe that then and only then could we truly experience and know the true vastness of moments of celebration that emerge from our very being and pour them freely up and out of our own story and way of being into all of creation that surrounds and supports us.

Until today, this idea of home for the holidays was about a return a to place or the place of which I draw my origin. I have always had such a transient spirit as wherever I know myself to be I begin to view as home, based on my connection to the very earth on which I stand. With that, I contend that wherever I am in the moment, holds the very quintessence of home as I find, know and experience the God of my being therein. For me home is so much more than place, it is rooted in a feeling of familiarity, remembrance, connection and truth. Today it is this and a state of being that comes to life in and for me. The whole festive occasion is not really about the physical transportation back, but the spiritual transformation into or towards that which is familiar to our soul. It is a return to the beginning of our beginning, the knowing of knowledge, the love of loving, the faithing of faith and the joyousness of joy. When we return home, it is not just to a place of our birth, it is to the way of being from which we were called into this life to be. It is not just limited to a few days each year when the cost of transportations sky rockets or we have extra time off work; the very essence of a holiday is found in the stillness of the early morning or the fleeting beauty of the evening and yes in the vibrant radiance of the midday; I believe that this marrow of truth is alive and well within each of us. So today, I invite you to return to the truth of your truth, the peace of your peace and the grace of your grace and find yourself at home or connected to that which is at the core of your being. I know that when we do this individually and collectively, in that moment there will be a great celebration of the highest kind that can be found in our laughter, heard in our rhetoric, experienced as our love and known as our story of being. With that I bid you good journey and many happy returns to your very self as you return to the soul of your soul and find yourself home for the holidays in every moment of your lives. Happy, Merry, Joyous You - Today and Everyday!