Friday, August 6, 2010

Today is Day 3 of 100 Things That Changed My Life

Today’s journey into that which has shaped, molded, influenced and guided me is another phrase from western pop culture, “All that and a bag of chips".

My experience of this has been as a compliment that describes the very fullness of something or someone. As I think of this phrase from a spiritual point of view, I see deeper into it’s meaning and today it emerges as the essence of who we were created to be. I believe that we are born originally blessed and that in this incarnation (life) we are meant to be whole, blessed, complete creations. The trick to this, I think is that I have to believe this, no; I have to be willing to know this about myself and everything that is around me. I have to shift my very awareness to know that I am all that I am created to be.

Being all that seems like hard work; what life has taught me is that is true when I choose to be all that others need, want and expect me to be. When this is the case, I find myself trying to accomplish things with my own steam, reaching beyond who I am to become something for another. Think into this with me; if just for a moment, a day, a week… we could experience the wherewithal to just be who we are in the present moment with no regard to whether we are doing it right or wrong or trying to balance the voice of our soul and society and landing somewhere in between. If we could be all that we are, the world would change and I would have to introduce myself to you all over again and vice versa because I think that we may not recognize each other.

So today my friends where ever you are, I choose to begin to see the “allness” (new word) of who you are before me. Today, I step with you into a new consciousness that allows us to see all that there is with new eyes, create a new world from the blessing of our very being. Today I see you as all that and a bag of chips – I see you as the light, love, hope, peace and grace that you were created to be. I see this world, myself and all that is around me as all that it was created to be. I invite you to speak your own words of new life and know that what you create is good…because you are all that and a bag of chips, you are everything that is needed right where you are – be that!

Peace and Infinite Possibilities,
Kathy