Wednesday, April 1, 2009

To Be or To Become? A Revised Question

E.E. Cummings said, "It takes a lot of courage to grow up and be who you really are."

I recently created a Facebook page and I must say that it is wonderful in its own way. I had a conversation with an age old friend and they remarked about how different I am now than I was 25 years ago. I chuckled and then laughed and said, “Yes I am! And thank you for noticing.”

That conversation made me think about how life changes us into the people that we have always been becoming and how some can find strength in those moments and other choose another defining point in their existence. I don’t remember the turning point that led me to today, but I am grateful for it and every accompanying experience. My thoughts today, are keep living and see who you are becoming and once it comes into focus for you, may you find the strength and courage to be all of who and what life has summoned you to be. I have found a whole new and powerful meaning in the words, “Don’t worry, be happy!” Simply know who you are and have the courage to this person!

When I live my life in the service of my vision, it becomes less and less
apparent that I am afraid.
” Audre Lorde